our guest rooms
the tara room (king, $145)
The largest of the guest rooms at The Big Yellow House, the Tara Room, is furnished with a generous king-sized bed and offers an ample sitting area with plenty of room for guests to spread out and relax. Decorated with period antiques, the room has a drop-down writing desk, perfect for penning a postcard or working on a laptop. The closet is spacious and the windows overlook the front yard and provide beautiful, diffuse afternoon light. The daisy-patterned spread was hand-made and quilted by Nancy, and the room is named for her daughter, Tara. This room offers enough space for a crib or roll-away bed, which are available by request.
the hannah room (queen, $130)
The Hannah Room is a spacious guest room, furnished with a wrought-iron bed and a plush queen-sized mattress. All the furniture is cherry, with several pieces original to The Big Yellow House. The wallpaper is an exquisite example of the period wallpaper that would likely have been used when the house was built. Jane lovingly quilted the spread and chose many of the details in the room. The Hannah Room offers a small but comfortable seating area, a writing desk, and ample closet. This room is known for its unique architecture, and is named for Jane’s daughter Hannah.
the kristin room (double, $115)
The Kristin Room is the smallest guest room in The Big Yellow House, but it is as well-appointed as the other two with a luxurious four-poster, double size bed. The quilted, rose-patterned spread, handmade by Nancy, gracefully matches the slate green walls, and lace curtains filter the morning sun. Though it is on the smaller side, the Kristin Room has an ample closet for guest belongings. This room is named for Dan Poling’s daughter Kristin.
- Prices include a complete breakfast.
- There is a 10% discount if 1 group books all 3 rooms.
- Book 7 days and receive 1 night free.
- Reserve the entire second floor for families, wedding parties, and reunions.
- Rollaway beds are available for extra guests sharing the room, a $25.00 per extra guest.
- Children over the age of twelve are welcome.
- We cannot accommodate pets as we maintain a pet-free environment for our guests suffering from allergies.
- We are a non-smoking facility, however, there is a designated smoking area outside.
- Arrange for 1 to 4 day retreats with or without overnight accommodations. Please contact us so we can customize the event to your needs.
- The three guest rooms share a spacious bathroom with a tiled, walk-in shower. Individual bath linens, robes, and complimentary toiletries are provided in the guest rooms.
- Secure high-speed internet
- Individually controlled heating & AC units
- Premium quality mattresses and linens
- Locally-made soaps and lotions
- Plush terry robes
- Alarm clock
- A place to charge your phone
- Iron/ironing board